Marking of Equipment
- Category: Hazardous Locations
Electrical equipment approved or listed for use in North America will bear the following information:
- The class or group of the hazardous location.
- The temperature code (T1-T6) or the maximum surface temperature of the equipment.
Electrical equipment approved to the IEC standards will bear the following markings:
- The letter "E", indicating that it is suitable for use in an explosive atmosphere
- The letter indicating the type of protection used (e.g., "d" for explosion-proof)
- 3) The group for which the equipment is approved
- The temperature code (T1-T6) or the maximum surface temperature of the equipment
Example: Ex d IIA T3 (Zone 1 is implied)